Monday, November 23, 2009

Child to remain anonymous

Well, I was sure this day would come. Really, I'm not shocked. And I'm not one to get all hyped up on this Swine Flu madness. But today it was official.
One of my favorite students in my class,...let's call him John, wasn't feeling well last Thursday. So I got down to his level, rubbed his back and said," Hey there little Johnny. What's wrong? You not feeling well? Maybe you should go home early today?" But he didn't want to go. He said he thinks he can wait.
He did not come on Friday..
He did not come today..
And then they tell me he has it.

Like I said, I'm not that concerned. I figured if I didn't get it from one of the kids at work I would get it from the PLNU students that are soon to be quarantined next door to our apartment.

I'll post any updates. :)

3 comments:

Luke said...

Don't get "it" or we'll have to quarantine you!

Then I'll be sad. :(

Donna G said...

just watch for the signs, if mud puddles look more appealing than usual get yourself to a doctor. if a lil tail starts to sprout get yourself to a doctor.
sorry one of your beloved lil ones turned into typhoid mary and is try to kill the rest of his school. tough break :/

Anne said...

Poor little guy. Hope you and Luke stay healthy. Did you get a shot?